High intensity interval training (HIIT) defines exercise that consists of intense bursts of activity mixed with moments of less intensity or even rest. Why are HIIT workouts beneficial? For one, they allow you to fit an effective workout into your busy schedule in a half hour or less, and they are so intense that you burn more fat during the hours after your workout than other forms of exercise.
What are some other benefits of HIIT workouts?
- Fat burning – 15 minutes of HIIT can be more effective than an hour of jogging
- Forces you into anaerobic breathing, which boosts cardiovascular health and helps build stamina over time
- Equipment isn’t necessary, unless you’d like to add in weighted exercises
- You can complete these exercises almost anywhere
- High intensity training can help you build muscle
- Since they are shorter than other workouts, often lasting less than a half hour, they are easy to fit into a busy schedule
- They are FUN, albeit challenging, and offer opportunities to get creative!
This Killer Cardio HIIT Workout can be completed within 15 minutes and will allow for all-day fat burning!