Fall, winter, spring, summer. Fall, winter, spring, summer. In the Midwest, the seasons feel like they are constantly fluctuating. Most of the seasons come and go so quickly and then winter seems to last forever. This means that your skin can really take a beating. Summer brings long days in the sun and heat followed closely by the drying winds of autumn and winter. It seems as though your skin can never catch a break which can leave it dry, cracked, and downright inflamed and unhappy. Sometimes all your skin needs is a little pampering, and with autumn fast approaching, what’s more perfect than a skin nourishing mask that contains PUMPKIN of all things?!
This facial mask contains skin nourishing ingredients that hydrate, exfoliate and replenish while drawing out the toxins in your skin. And it’s SO SIMPLE to make! So sit down with your best girlfriends and grab that pumpkin puree you know is sitting in your cupboard right now, because today we’re celebrating pumpkins!
Pumpkin turmeric facial mask:
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 Tbl bentonite clay
1 tsp honey
3 drops lavender essential oil
4 drops Vitamin E oil
- Combine the pumpkin puree, honey, and turmeric powder in small bowl, mixing until the powder is evenly distributed
- Evenly stir in the bentonite clay
- Add and incorporate the lavender essential oil and the vitamin E oil
- Apply evenly to clean face and neck, avoiding eye and mouth area
- Sit back and relax for 10 minutes before washing off
- Thoroughly rinse off mask using warm washcloth
- You may follow up with your favorite moisturizer, but this mask leaves your skin so soft and supple that it isn’t necessary!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks!
I know what you’re thinking…. Umm, doesn’t turmeric stain your skin?? And the answer to that is, yes. However, it is diluted in this recipe. When you first rinse the mask off of your face, you may notice a slight yellow-ish orange tinge, but simply brush a washcloth against your face a little more thoroughly and it should all wash off clean. If you’re worried about this, simply reduce the amount of turmeric you use, or leave it out entirely if you’d like!
How exactly do these ingredients benefit your skin?